Builders Construction and Public Liability Insurance


Are you paying too much for your contract works insurance?

As with any self employed businessman, protecting your family’s assets and your livelihood is the most important arrangement you can make. It does not matter how good a builder you are, things happen which are totally out of your control. It is for these situations that we all need the right insurance cover.

Contract Works and Construction Liability Insurance for builders protects the building professional against accident or damage caused by negligence or unforeseen occurrences. To operate a business without it is putting you at great risk.

Building Specialists
The building industry is full of specialist categories with qualified contractors. As the builder do you rely on your installers to keep up to date and advise you accordingly? Why should your insurance broker be any different? Not all brokers understand the building industry. Most brokers will place you policy with another broker or insurance company and may not have the opportunity to fully explain your circumstances.

Annual Blanket Policy
1 This insurance product offers blanket Public Liability to the builder and Contract Works insurance for all jobs for a nominated period up to 12 months. Cover is based on annual turnover with options of Annual Turnover Basis and Project Run-Off Basis.

Project Specific Policy
2 This insurance product offers cover for a specific project.

Featured Benefits
Annual turnovers up to $50 million and a limit of $15 million

on any one contract.

Our Single and Annual policies automatically include:

  • Escalation of Construction Cost
  • Professional Fees
  • Expediting Expenses
  • Removal of Debris; and Off-Site Storage and Transit
  • Maintenance periods – 12 mths as standard

This Policy automatically includes cover for sub-contractors, as well as Vibration Removal and weakening of supports and Care Custody and Control.
Our Policies can also be extended to include:

Minor – Plant, Tools
Minor – Plant, Equipment
Existing Structures
Financiers Interest
Vacant Land; and Projects already commenced

Do you build extensions/renovations?
Did you know that nearly all House & Contents insurance doesn’t cover a home owners public liability if the value of the works is over $50k? You need to extend to your contract works policy to cover their existing structure. The home owner thinks you are covering them!!

The New Deal
The New Deal is an industry insurance initiative launched by BuildSafe Insurance Brokers. As the name says, BuildSafe are structured to ensure your business has maximum cover at realistic rates. As a brokerage specialising only in building insurances, BuildSafe are able to maintain an appreciation of what is on offer from the insurance companies, large and small. So contact us on 1300 856 603 to make sure you and your client are covered.

Be Sure Be Safe Build Sure BuildSafe
email hidden; JavaScript is required

Your effort and hard work have assisted Drocon Constructions to continue to work and avoid the ramifications of beginning works after contracted time. 
Robin Lee